Tomatoes and carrots both stand as key ingredients in various cuisines around the world. Not only do they taste great, they have numerous health benefits as well. Let’s have a look at the top five health benefits of each of the two vegetables.
- Highly nourishing: The juicy red veggies are loaded with vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins A, B and C, iron, potassium, folate, magnesium, chromium, zinc and phosphorus.
- Reduce damage by smoke: The chlorogenic acid coumaric acid in tomatoes protect the body against carcinogens produced by cigarette smoke.
- Digestive aid: Tomatoes improve the digestive function of the body and also prevent constipation caused by various factors.
- Fat burners: Tomatoes are natural fat burners and a daily consumption increases the body’s fat burning capacity by 30%.
- Prevent stones: Tomatoes naturally reduce the risk of both, kidney stones as well as gall bladder stones. Additionally, they also reduce the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Improve vision: This is even validated by traditional and conventional knowledge, carrots are rich in beta-carotene that converts to Vitamin A and helps with vision related problems along with promoting a good eyesight.
- Anti-ageing: The high beta-carotene content acts as a natural antioxidant and rejuvenates the body from all the cell damage done in the process of regular metabolism. They literally slow down ageing.
- Body cleansing: Vitamin A helps to flush out body toxins and reduce bile and liver fat while the fibre is a natural colon cleanser.
- Cancer prevention: Various studies have shown how carrots help in reducing the risk of breast cancer, colon cancer as well as lung cancer.
- Oral health: The crunchy carrots cleanse the mouth of plaque as effectively as toothbrushes and toothpastes. Tooth damage is also prevented by the minerals present in carrots.
What are you waiting for, go whip up a great tomato carrot smoothie and you could add lime and pepper to it for that lip smack!