Easily one of the tastiest fruits mother nature could possibly offer, Strawberries aren’t all yummy but have multiple substantial health benefits that go a long way. Since Strawberries have hogged the fruit market spaces already, let’s have a look at the top 5 health benefits of these luscious red berries before they go off season and you regret not having enough!
- High blood pressure: Given that Strawberries are high in both, potassium as well as magnesium, they reduce high blood pressure that is caused by sodium, thereby reducing risks associated with high blood pressure.
- Eye care: Prevalent antioxidants in Strawberries such as phytochemicals, ellagic acid, flavonoids and phenolic fight free radicles that cause damage to the eyes. They also help in fixing the ocular pressure within the eyes and help maintain correct pressure within.
- Bone health: The fruit sent straight from heaven are rich in potassium, magnesium and Vitamin K, all of which keep your bone health in check and help in prevention of bone health problems that are more often than not silent health issues for the longest of times.
- Weight management: First reason being that Strawberries are quite low in calories and high in fibres which already contributes to your daily caloric requirement management and secondly the red colour of Strawberries contain anthocyanins that act as a helping factor in burning already stored body fat. Off I must go to whip my Strawberry smoothie!
- Anti-ageing: The abundance of biotin in Strawberries significantly helps in strengthening both our dead yet extremely important body parts, our hair and nails. The antioxidant ellagic acid is the protector of elastic fibres within our skin that will in effect prevent saggy skin.